On Monday, a whole new set of ecdysiasts will be making their East Bay debut at the Hubba Hubba show at the Uptown Club. Perhaps your new favorite will be performing that night!
And don't forget the rest of the weekly and monthly shows such as Red Hots Burlesque, Original Sin Burlesque, Debauchery, and Dr. Sketchy's San Francisco. All of the details of those shows and more are below.
- Thursday, July 15: Panty Raid at 540 Club in San Francisco, 540 Clement Street. Join DJ Ruby White for an evening of Garage, Bubblegum, Girl Groups and Rock 'N Roll (100% vinyl) at Club 540! With Go-Go Goddess Lady Satan! 10pm-2am. No cover, 21 and older.
- Friday, July 16: Red Hots Burlesque at El Rio in San Francisco, 3158 Mission Street. Dottie Lux welcomes two out-of-town talents this week: Seattle's Pidgeon von Tramp and Reno's Viviennui! Plus hometown hotties Sugar Main, Lady Monster and the talented Uni and Her Ukelele! Show at 7:30pm. $5-10, sliding scale. 21+ w/ID.
- Also Friday: Hubba Hubba Revue: Pirates! at the DNA Lounge in San Francisco, 375 Eleventh Street. Join the blackhearted scalawags of the pirate ship "The Crimson Hubba" as they welcome aboard the sexy crew of international party sensation, BOOTIE, for a wild night of Bootleg Mash-Ups and Buccaneer Burlesque! Featuring performances from Wiggy Darlington & The Lost Boys, F'risque, Casey Castille, Miss Balla Fire, Sister Kate, Frederique Voix de Ville, aerialist Cameron McHenry, Sparkly Devil, Kiss Me Kate, Mynx d'Meanor, Madam Chartreuse, Bunny Pistol, Alotta Boutté, J.D. Limelight, Gorilla X, and the Hubba Hubba Go-Go Marauders! With special guest DJ Mysterious D of BOOTIE SF. Live, on-stage mashup mayhem with Smash-Up Derby! Doors at 9pm, show at 10. $15 general. $12 advance tickets available online at dnalounge.com. $10 discounted tickets from 9:00 to 9:30 at the box office. 21+ w/ID.
- Saturday, July 17: Original Sin Burlesque at the Sanctuary Ultra Lounge in Livermore, 2369 First Street. Enjoy great drinks and tapas...and of course, the gals of Original Sin Burlesque! 10pm. $5, 21+ w/ID.
- Sunday, July 18: Debauchery at the White Horse Inn in Oakland, 6555 Telegraph Avenue. In celebration of Femme-Con's return to Oakland, Debauchery brings you an evening of fierce and fabulous evening of sexy queer entertainment! Featuring performances by Pidegon Von Tramp (joining us from Seattle!), Sheba Queen of The Night, Penny Dreadful, Cherry Poppins, Roxy Picaflor, Ophelia Coeur De Noir, Sugarbush Lane, James Fancy, Vivi Ennui, Damien, Bean!, and Ella Ala Mode. With your FeMCs - Kentucky Fried Woman and Ruby Vixen! Doors at 7pm, show at 8. $5-15 sliding scale. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a $75 special party table package for 4! 21 and older.
- Monday, July 19: Uptown Hubba Hubba at the Uptown in Oakland, 1928 Telegraph Avenue. Join emcees A. Randy Johnson and Patina DeCopper for Bombshell Betty's and Fromagique's Pajama Party! With burlesque performances by Bombshell Betty, If-N-Whendy, Cherry Chapstick, Sweet Praline, Nirvana Bliss, Miss Sugar Tart, Mimi Merlot, Wanda Wonderland, Mint Julep, Miss Darling April du Bonnet, Violet Streak, Gwen Revere, and more! With live music from Fromagique! Doors at 9pm, show at 10:15. $5, 21+ w/ID.
- Tuesday, July 20: Dr. Sketchy's San Francisco at 111 Minna Gallery in San Francisco, 111 Minna Street. This month Dr. Sketchy's welcomes Sister Kate as their models/performers! Sister Kate is a genre-crossing belly dance burlesque trio from San Francisco that consists of three bad ass bombshells: Wendy Darling, Sarah Campbell, and Ashley Blair. They also produce the popular monthly gypsy cabaret Baxtalo Drom - The Lucky Road, where they are showcased every fourth Friday at Amnesia in San Francisco's Mission district. Bring your pens, pencils, and pads to draw these three performers! 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. $10 general admission, $7 students/teachers with valid identification. 21+ w/ID.
As always, for more information, please check the calendar above. Also, you may want to check back during the week to see if there are any late additions to the schedule. And if you have a burlesque show or information about a show that you would like to add to the calendar, please email me at sfbr AT gmx DOT com.